The City of Beverly Hills Police Department is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for the position of Crime Analyst. Crime Analysts perform difficult statistical and analytical research involving the use of computer applications, gather and analyze crime data for crime pattern detection, suspect-crime correlations, target-suspect profiles, and crime forecasting; prepare reports on crime data and trends for police personnel, and brief law enforcement officers on crime analysis issues.Major Duties
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in crime analysis, and great attention to detail.
- Undertake tactical, strategic, and administrative crime analysis.
- Interact and communicate with police personnel on crime analysis/research issues; and respond to requests for various information and statistical reports.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data and statistics using quantitative and qualitative methodology.
- Use computer databases, electronic spreadsheets, desktop publishing, word processing, and statistical applications to manipulate, analyze, and present data.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in oral, written and visual forms.
- Testify in court on work product, findings and methodologies
- Respond to crime scenes, special operations, parole / probation / 290 sweeps as part of the Criminal Intelligence Unit.
- Conduct beat and reporting district reconfiguration studies.
- Provide information to Police Administration for decision-making purposes; present analysis and statistics in various internal and external forums; and participate and provide information to police personnel.
- Study current literature on research methodology and law enforcement issues, and make appropriate recommendations for improvements in crime analysis practices.
- Prepare and update protocol on crime analysis related activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs, procedures, methods, and systems.
- Use geographical information systems to analyze and present information.
- Provide crime analysis training to police personnel and other agencies and individuals.
- Performs related duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a Crime / Intelligence Analyst.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Completion of California Department of Justice Crime & Intelligence Analysis certification program
- Experience with: Principles, practices, and techniques of criminal intelligence analysis; types of crimes and modus operandi used; sources of intelligence information; techniques of evaluating information obtained from a variety of sources; methods of collecting statistical data; effective methods to present statistical information to a variety of users.
- Experience with CompStat (Computer Statistics) is desirable.
$85,306.44 - $105,982.56 Annually
DEADLINE: 10/31/21 11:549PM PST