$72,012.00 - $92,340.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 03/30/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
We are currently only accepting the first 100 applications. Interested candidates should apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time without notice.
The City of Orange is seeking it's next Crime Analyst. This is your opportunity to provide invaluable assistance to support the Orange Police Department in its mission to make Orange a safe place to live, work and play. The successful candidate will perform varied analytical support related to crime and criminal intelligence; research, collect, analyze, and disseminate statistical information and reports to departmental management used in making operational changes and decisions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs complex statistical analysis on data; prepares analytical and statistical reports, charts, graphs, maps, bulletins, and other written reports.
- Prepares crime statistical summaries and reports on projections of long-term changes and crime trends; assists with the development of tactics, strategies, and planning in response to crime trends.
- Utilizes geographic information and mapping systems to create visual crime concepts illustrating trends in the types of crimes being committed in particular areas.
- Methods and procedures of conducting crime analysis and research, including data collection, statistical analyses, and report preparation.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Recognize, identify, and document crime series and patterns.
- Effectively make presentations to various groups.
- Prepare clear and effective reports, correspondence, and other written material.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.