Closing date: Open Until Filled
Argenta has been retained by our client to find a manager/director for providing leadership and day to day center development and management. This role will work in coordination with the founder team. This individual will report directly to the Board of Directors of the client organization.
Our client is a non‐profit safety and security organization with a mission to fight and educate about extremism and hate in America by researching and documenting hate groups, individuals, organizations, campaigns, and events associated with these hate groups. This leader will have high visibility in the local community and nationwide.
This is an executive level, startup‐ like position. The successful candidate will be a talented and proven leader who brings a record of success in management, strategic planning, and execution, one who possesses tested and true operational acumen. Must be an entrepreneurial leader who is agile and driven, with an open and enthusiastic mission driven presence. Extensive startup and/or nonprofit operations and/or law enforcement experience is a huge plus.
You must be technology savvy and a dynamic leader. You will work closely with the leadership to execute the vision of the center and build out the operations room, including management of analysts and outside vendors, development of policies, operations, controls, P&L, setting all programs and activities, goal setting and developing relationships with law enforcement agencies and community leaders.
Our client is offering a generous salary and full benefits package.
The new leader must be able to develop proper operational systems, technology, and the client’s roadmap for success.
Including: administrative and reporting procedures to relay to a remarkably busy founder, data reporting procedures and people systems to drive the organizations missions. Develop the research operations, hire and manage a staff of analysts and future team members as the operation grows.
Establish partnerships with local and national law enforcement connections. Develop relationships with communities that could be targets of hate crimes. Develop relationships with founder, team, and donors. Bring ideas and creativity to expand the client’s footprint.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., social sciences, international relations, structured analysis, engineering, mathematics)
- A certificate from a college, university, government authority or professional crime and intelligence analysis association verifying the candidate’s participation in and completion of a formal Crime and Intelligence Analysis program of study is a strong plus
- 5-10 years of Executive level management and leadership.
- High level proficiency in digital and technical skills.
- History of building critical infrastructure of an organization/or department
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively within the chain of command and leadership setting.
- Leadership background directing staff and operations within a SOC organization.
- Ability to speak at high profile meetings, educate and create strong partnerships.
- Applicable experience with National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) and Incident Command Systems (ICS) is a plus.
- Connections with local law enforcement agencies is a strong plus.
- Strong people skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Have or able to obtain a valid California Driver’s License
Argenta Director of Operations-Employment Opportunity.pdf