Closing Date: 11/26/23 by 5:00 PM Pacific Time
$106,171.82 - $131,905.20 Annually
11/26/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
What We're Looking For
The City of Beverly Hills Police Department is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for the position of Supervising Crime and Intelligence Analyst. The ideal candidate will be proficient in performing professional crime and intelligence related studies and be capable of managing the daily operations of the crime and intelligence unit. He or She will take a proactive approach to managing the day to day tasks of the unit, mentor and guide staff, and add efficiency to the team. The incumbent should have experience in producing, preparing, and presenting various types of reports to assist officers and administrative staff in planning the deployment of resources for the prevention, intervention, and suppression of criminal activities. The ideal candidate is intel driven and must have strong knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in crime analysis and have great attention to detail. Moreover he or she will be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and communicate effectively.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; contribute to the development and implementation of crime analysis principles, methods, and functions; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff involved in crime and intelligence analysis, studies, and related work.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements, modifications, and corrective actions. Maintain records and prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Develop training plans and train police personnel and other agencies and individuals on the use of various technology products to assist in the prevention, intervention, and suppression of criminal activities and coordinate regional Crime Analyst training.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, evaluating, and correlating criminal intelligence information. Supervise and participate in the conduct of crime trend analysis, forecasts, data analysis, and investigative case analysis and coordinate the dissemination of criminal intelligence information.
- Assist with or complete the more complex portions of analytical work, as well as complex projects for the Office of the Chief.
- Supervise, participate, and assist with the preparation and presentation of a variety of written materials such as predictive and descriptive reports, summaries, intelligence briefings, and presentations for dissemination of information, to assist in criminal investigations, make intelligence estimates, or for training purposes.
- Provide information to police leadership for decision-making purposes and to assist in effective deployment and strategies of patrol personnel. Present analysis and statistics in various internal and external forums.
- Present crime information to Department members, community members, City management, and/or City Council.
- Develop and maintain liaison with other law enforcement and public agencies, department staff, outside consultants, and vendors. Act as liaison to local, state, and federal law enforcement partners.
- Promote information sharing within the Department and outside law enforcement agencies. Assist in coordinating communication with patrol officers, criminal investigators, and other members of the law enforcement community.
- Coordinate and provide analytical support in the development and analysis of department and community survey efforts in support of community relations and engagement strategies.
- Share information, reports, resources, and knowledge to support community relation efforts, community policing and problem-solving efforts, police patrol functions, apprehension of suspects, criminal investigations, and criminal prosecution efforts.
- Develop and maintain crime analysis-related information on the City’s website.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and modification of computer programs and systems to assist crime analysis efforts. Test, review, evaluate, and recommend software solutions to improve efficiency.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of crime analysis; incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs.
- Testify in court on work product, findings, and methodologies.
- Assist new or existing staff in learning departmental practices and protocols, methods, and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and TrainingAPPLY HERE!
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
At least five years of progressively responsible experience in professional level crime analysis, including two years of lead or supervisory experience.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Science, Statistics, Criminology, Quantitative Analysis, or a related field.
License and Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
Possession of a Crime and Intelligence Analysis certificate