Closing Date: 2/9/2024 5:00 PM PST
$23.81 - $37.45 Hourly
This position is Extended Part-Time with a schedule requirement of 32 hours per week.
The City of Irvine is seeking a passionate and motivated individual for the Extended Part-time Public Safety Assistant position in the Crime Analysis Unit. The primary duties of this position will include:
Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce committed to serving the City of Irvine.
- Maintaining data entry, data storage and retrieval of crime data for trend analyses.
- Utilizing computer applications and database programs in relation to police records, calls for service, and other law enforcement software.
- Reviewing crime reports, call logs, and other law enforcement data sources to identify crime patterns and trends in the region.
- Reviewing crime bulletins from other law enforcement agencies to assist in identifying patterns, trends and subjects of interest.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to solve crime problems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working with a team as well as independently.
Find additional information in the Extended Part-time Public Safety Assistant
job description. The classification of Public Safety Assistant is used throughout the Irvine Police Department in a number of roles and divisions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed in the job description are dependent upon the assigned division and may or may not apply to the specific position listed in the title of this job bulletin.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Associate's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement or related field with at least one year experience in law enforcement activities, community service, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires a valid California drivers' license.
- Depending on assignment, may be required to obtain certification in first aid and CPR.