Closing Date: Continuous
$24.24 - $29.06 Hourly
Redondo Beach Police Department, CA
The City of Redondo Beach is looking for a part-time Administrative Coordinator to join the Crime Analysis Unit in our Police Department!EXAMPLES OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Under the direction of the Department Director or designee, performs a variety of administrative support duties including complex clerical tasks of a specialized nature that require thorough knowledge of department procedures; performs work under general instructions, but within established policies and procedures to achieve results in support of the City' s mission, goals, policies, and objectives; and performs other related duties as required.
This is an at-will part-time position which is not eligible for City benefits. This post is continuous and may close without notice. Prompt application is encouraged. Only those applicants in which the department is interested will receive further follow-up after application submission.
This position is accountable as a team member to perform operational and support duties and services including but not limited to:
The following duties, responsibilities, and expectations are assignment-specific, and may include but not be limited to those listed above in addition to those noted below:
When assigned to the Police Department:
- Prioritizes work and performs multiple tasks simultaneously with numerous interruptions;
- Receives incoming customer telephone calls, determines their nature and urgency, coordinates an appropriate response or refers them to other persons in the Department and the City
- Works with customers at a service desk
- Proofreads and accurately inputs numerical and text data into databases
- Performs tasks and assignments with accuracy, neatness and attention to detail.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information
- Scans and profiles documents into the document imaging system
- Reviews, routes and distributes documents to appropriate destinations
- Operates computers, photocopiers, printers, scanners, telephones, FAX machines, cameras and other office equipment and performs minor maintenance and repair
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties including distributing departmental mail and correspondence
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data
- Maintains logs
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures and opportunities for improvement in the area of assignment
- Provides sound decision-making skills and critical thinking to provide professional recommendations, decisions and completed staff work
- Performs duties in accordance with City policies and procedures
- Delivers outstanding internal and external customer service
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing with the public and fellow employees
- Solves problems and supports the City's mission, policies, goals, and objectives
- Exercises initiative, courtesy and independent judgment
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with members of the Department and City staff, other agencies and the public
- Works cooperatively with personnel, co-workers and the management team
- Takes initiative to achieve positive, timely results for the organization with diplomatic skills and ethical conduct
- Conducts duties, responsibilities, tasks and assignments with a constructive, cooperative, positive, and professional attitude and demeanor
- Works irregular hours including days, evenings, nights and overtime including weekends and holidays; must be available for call-back and automatic return to work with a reasonable response time during off-duty hours for major emergencies, disasters, critical incidents and as otherwise required
- Supports the City's mission, goals, policies and objectives
- Supports the City's corporate values of: openness and honesty; integrity and ethics; accountability; outstanding customer service; teamwork; excellence; and fiscal responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Conducts research and strategic and tactical crime analysis to identify crime patterns and trends, analyzes tactical crime data, criminal intelligence data; develops victim and suspect profiles (e.g. physical or vehicle description profiles); forecasts future criminal activity.
- Conducts crime trend/pattern analysis activities using qualitative, temporal, and geographic measures and statistical methods. Prepares detailed crime analysis bulletins.
- Working closely with investigators on crime trends, including making recommendations regarding the allocation of resources, developing investigative leads, and case clearances.
- Performs other related duties as required.