Closing Date: 08/24/2022 5:00PM Pacific
Crime Analyst: $6,183 - $7,929/month
Senior Crime Analyst: $7,253 - $9,300/month
APPLY IMMEDIATELY! THIS RECRUITMENT WILL CLOSE ONCE THE FIRST 100 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED, OR AUGUST 24, 2022, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.
The City of Orange is seeking its next Crime Analyst/Senior Crime Analyst (DOQ). This is your opportunity to provide invaluable assistance to support the Orange Police Department in its mission to make Orange a safe place to live, work and play. The successful candidate will perform varied analytical support related to crime and criminal intelligence; research, collect, analyze, and disseminate statistical information and reports to departmental management used in making operational changes and decisions.
Examples of Duties
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Senior Crime Analyst
- Performs complex statistical analysis on data; prepares analytical and statistical reports, charts, graphs, maps, bulletins, and other written reports.
- Prepares crime statistical summaries and reports on projections of long-term changes and crime trends; assists with the development of tactics, strategies, and planning in response to crime trends.
- Utilizes geographic information and mapping systems to create visual crime concepts illustrating trends in the types of crimes being committed in particular areas.
- Conducts complex statistical and qualitative analysis; researches, tracks, and analyzes crime data from reports and various data sources; evaluates and reports crime activities, patterns, and trends at local, regional, State, and Federal levels.
- Identifies emerging crime trends and patterns through data analysis; performs the most complex crime research and analytical studies; develops complex and detailed plans for action, reports, and recommendations based on those analyses.
- Assists with the development of agency tactics, strategies, and planning in response to crime trends.
- Methods and procedures of conducting crime analysis and research, including data collection, statistical analyses, and report preparation.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
Additionally, when a Senior Crime Analyst
- Research design methods, procedures, and techniques used in statistical analysis.
- Geographic Information Systems, SQL Server Databases, and specialized software used in crime research and analysis.
- Recognize, identify, and document crime series and patterns.
- Effectively make presentations to various groups.
- Prepare clear and effective reports, correspondence, and other written material.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
Additional, when a Senior Crime Analyst
- Collect, extrapolate, analyze, interpret, and document complex statistical data; prepare and present graphic representations of detailed and complex statistical data.
- Understand the functions, principles, and practices of municipal police services.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in criminology, statistics, business or public administration, or a related field.
Crime Analyst: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible professional administrative and analytical experience, preferably in a law enforcement setting.
Senior Crime Analyst: Five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional analytical or statistical research, crime analyst experience in a law enforcement setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
Crime Analyst: Possession of a valid Department of Justice Crime and Intelligence Analysis certificate at the time of appointment and throughout employment is highly desirable
Senior Crime Analyst: Must posses a valid Department of Justice Crime and Intelligence Analysis certificate at the time of appointment and throughout employment.