Closing Date: 03/31/23
Position: Investigative Support Specialist
Office Assignment: Strategic Intelligence Unit
Duty Location(s): Rancho Cordova, CA
Starting Salary Range: $76,106 per annum (no benefits)
Open Date: February 22, 2023
Close Date: March 31, 2023
The Investigative Support Center (ISC) of the Central Valley California High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (CVC HIDTA) is seeking qualified applicants for an Investigative Support Specialist position assigned to the Strategic Intelligence Unit in Rancho Cordova, CA. This is a contract employee position to be renewed annually based upon performance and program continuation. It does not include benefits, which means it does not include health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, annual or sick leave.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
An Investigative Support Specialist works directly with criminal investigators from federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies in a task force environment. Core working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm. However, this position may also require occasional weekend or evening work without pay differential. Travel is sometimes necessary. An Investigative Support Specialist in this position works under the general supervision of the ISC Manager to perform the following duties:
- Research and collect relevant information regarding drug-related threats and opportunities from various sources.
- Evaluate the significance and validity of collected information.
- Analyze and interpret the processed information.
- Draw fact-driven, analytical conclusions based on that analysis.
- Communicate analytical conclusions in written and oral format.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to receive, collect, research, and analyze information and data.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
A thorough law enforcement background investigation is required and the chosen applicant must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance.
Applicants should submit their resume to the ISC Manager by March 31, 2023. E-mail your resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact the ISC Manager at 916-879-5694.
Job Announcement Strategic Analyst (1).pdf